Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Feeling Blue

Blame it on Rio! Not! Blame it on my new navy blue Guess bag. And my impending birthday. Are you ever too old for blue toenails? I think not. I am NOT going to go quietly into the good night. Especially when you score a bag like this for less than $15. I ain't called the girl for a penchant for yard sales for nothing. If I have to move into middle age, maybe I can at least be the eccentric old aunt.


Indulge me, okay? I love a bargain and I love having something land in my lap that I could never afford. It feels like a Big Cosmic Blessing.


Speaking of being an eccentric aunt, here are my lovely nieces and lone nephew who may, in fact, view me just that way:


Are they not the cutest bunch of twenty-somethings you've seen since "Friends?" Seriously, I love these kids. I do have a motive in showing you their picture though. I wanted to boast on these great bookcases I picked up this summer at a yard sale. I was going to paint over the oak but later decided I really liked them just as they are. I am certain it is NOT nostalgia for oak. Rather, I think I am just rebelling against the modern look that is so everywhere today that you can buy most of it at your local Wally World. I appreciate modern as much as I do true country, really I do, even though neither of them are my cup of tea, I just simply cannot ying when everyone else yangs. It's just how I roll.



Every item on these shelves has meaning. The masseuse sculpture was purchased at the Charleston slave market during a weekend outing with my daughter. We took a Charleston ghost tour in the pouring rain but still soaked in all the beautiful architecture and seafood this historic town had to offer. A beautiful time! The Tiffany lamp was a gift from my aunt that I got before most of her belongings were destroryed by Hurricane Katrina. I picked up the little carved turtle the weekend my best girl friend and I spent two days at Myrtle Beach, basking in the sun, drinking beer, and just being best friends. The "pumpkin" basket was a gift from my daughter. Fill your home with things you love and remind you of special times, you won't go astray.

So the weekend plan is to get the grass mowed tomorrow (thank you Sweet William for fixing my lawn mower!) and clean some windows, but then have some home fun, which for me means decorating for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment