Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Bachelor

I may be turning into the stereotypical bachelor without the ugly bachelor pad. You know, he doesn't cook, decorate, or wash. BTW ladies, "The Bachelor" isn't real. For the second time in the last few months, I have ladies from my Bible study bringing me meals. I know they are just trying to impress me with their culinary skills so I will marry them.



Tonight it is homemade stuffed green peppers with dessert. I didn't even ask what the dessert was. I was just too grateful. You don't cook much when the nest is empty because it is just too much work, so yeah, I appreciate them. I didn't have the heart to tell Miss Doris that I already ate dinner tonight--cold cereal with almond milk but heck yeah I am going to eat a good lunch tomorrow!

Speaking of ugly bachelor pads, I am still on a quest for finding the perfect rug for my living room. I purchased one that was just a bit off in color and so I am going to give it to mom. I found an 8 x 10 seagrass rug on craigslist today. It is still available (whoo hoo!) and only $30.  I have been playing phone tag all day with the owner but hope to get it this weekend barring any ungodly stains or wear.


The great thing about decorating your entire home in second-hand finds is that it is cheap to edit and experiment. If it doesn't work out, you move on with just a small eye twitch. I really believe that over time I am slowly creating a home filled with things I really love and that make me happy. And this attic nook makes me very, very happy:


If this wood was dark it would drive me insane and make me feel like I was a victim in Flowers in the Attic. This room, however, soothes my senses. I like the wide, light "planks" and cozy nested feeling. I would so want to come home to this haven after a hard day of fighting the wolves in the wild or, you know, work.

Until then, this "bachelor" sure appreciates the ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment