Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

2012 Color of the Year

It seems that the Pantone Color of the Year for 2012 is Tangerine Tango. I am already using an orangey red color in my own decor, but it is nice to have some of my design choices validated.


This summer I spray painted my lamps a color called Georgia Clay. And the prominent color in my patterned drapes is orange. I have been in love with the orange-turquoise combo for some time:



And my living room and dining room already has a mix of blues, turquoise, reds, and tangerine splashed about. 


I don't decorate based on trends, but I do get infatuated with new and interesting fabrics and colors. I will often times try to incorporate a trend I like when I can do so without compromising the overall design. I suspect a lot of people who enjoy pattern, textiles, and design in general, such as myself, just get caught up in seeing something different as well. As someone who loves art, patterns, and color, I would feel deprived if I couldn't indulge in something that catches my fancy. How about you, do you get swept away with trends and eye candy?



No comments:

Post a Comment