Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sumpen Out of Nuten

My bathroom needs serious help. I currently have nothing, nada, zip, zero hanging on its forlorn walls, that is until now.


Excuse the glare, but it's a small bathroom on vanity light steroids. I picked up two of these beautiful frames and mats for $1 a piece at a local thrift shop. They were originally a matching art "set," I'm guessing circa 1985 because of the ugly mauve color scheme.

The moral of this short story is, don't overlook ugly. Take a look at the bones and determine what you can makeover. Heck, us girls do it all of the time! The frames were a solid wood painted ivory with two beautiful and contrasting mats. Though this photo doesn't show it, the frame, the glass, and the mats are all excellent quality. I printed out two art photos I found on the internet that I really loved and framed both prints. I can now at least relax a bit until I paint. Bare walls screaming at me? Yep, they honestly do.


No comments:

Post a Comment