Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Solstice Antedote

Seeing that tomorrow is the winter solstice, the darkest day of the year, what better time than now to warm up these long dark days and nights than with some beautiful lighting.

I stumbled across this gorgeous outdoor lighting arrangement via dolak.
 
Although many of us might string lights from the eaves, there is more to lighting up the night than that. After you've hung up the wreath, don't forget to light up outside entrances, porches, and decks. I have on my to-do list making my own wine bottle outdoor lamp and this one from etsy is my inspiration:


Outdoor lamps are not just for the summer. If you are having guests over for the holidays, light up the entrance for a warm welcome. You could spray paint them a glittery gold or silver and stencil with some Christmas greenery, bells, angels, or whatever else your imagination can dream up.

Or how about this gorgeous outdoor room I found posted at enchanted home:


Who wouldn't want to hang out here for a holiday party? If you aren't lucky enough to have an outdoor fireplace but have a deck or patio, don't neglect it, deck it!




Lighting definitely sets the mood this time of year. I mean really, who wouldn't want to come to a party at this house?


Do your part to dispel the dark!


No comments:

Post a Comment