Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Little Pink Houses

I just returned from my Bahama cruise and wanted to share a few pics with you. I thought the architect on Nassau was very similar to what you find in New Orleans and Charleston except the islands have beautiful turquoise water.




Our tour guide took us to the Atlantis Hotel, a beautiful structure on a white Caribbean beach.




I actually got to spend some time in Charleston on the morning of our return where I found my new favorite lunch spot--Firehouse subs. I highly recommend the Italian. My friend's daughter, Amber, lives on James Island while attending the College of Charleston.

I absolutely love the city of Charleston. It reminds me a lot of New Orleans. Growing up, I spent summers visiting my aunt and cousins in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, about 25 minutes from Biloxi and an hour from New Orleans.  I was fortunate enough to spend a lot of time in New Orleans.

I grew up in southern Maryland and I miss seeing the water and going fishing on the weekends. I especially miss seeing the boats everywhere. The ex-husband and I owned a boat we kept at Solomon's Island Marina. Here is a pic of my now-grown daughter having a wonderful time.


I could so live on James Island and am jealous that Amber lives only about 15 minutes from Folly Beach. We rented a house on the ocean there when my son graduated from USC. You just couldn't beat this view.


Here is my son on the pier at Folly. We walked to it from the beach a few nights at sunset to take in the incredible scenery.


Here, my niece and I are cutting up after a long day of sun on Folly beach while we steam some crabs:


Oh, good times! Our tour guide on Nassau had that wonderful island accent and, for the first time, I rode in a limo. What do your think of this ceiling carpet? I never did make it to my prom in 1980!


Here are few pics of the Island of Freeport. My friends tell me it is very similar to Miami, so I can add that to my "gotta-do" list.




My beautiful friend is from the Dominica Republic and she keeps promising me a trip to paradise. Demaris, my bags can be packed on a minute notice!

I especially loved the beach on Freeport. I need at least two full days of this:


Well, here's to dreaming of little pink houses and turquoise waters. Gee, isn't February over yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment