Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

You're All Late for Tea!

The baby was just born last night and the second issue is now safely swaddled onto issuu.com. Whew! Delivery is always a little messy, but no satisfaction quite equals seeing your creative baby born on the web.

I hope you will check out the latest edition that is a takeoff on Alice in Wonderland and the Matrix. Fun stuff.

Now that I am finished with this issue, I have about a million things to do: create the website, set up email subscribes and notices, learn that (dang) SEO, contact my contributors, etc. It's all good. It's usually in the administrative-management process that I start forming the next issue in my head. I also want to work on those home projects of mine that have been cooling on ice. Nothing like recovering dining room chairs and stripping a coffee table to clear away any cobwebs on say, links and embed code.

Anyway, if any of you have used WordPress for a standalone web, I would love to hear about your experiences and what you think of it. Actually, let me know of any good or bad experiences you have had building a standalone site with templates.

And to all of you who have encouraged and supported me in launching the magazine, I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you!

2 comments:

  1. http://asortoffairytalegirl.blogspot.com/2012/01/moving-back-home.html

    This is a link to a blogger I love and read all the time. She's just announced that she's leaving Wordpress and heading back to Blogger....you might find it interesting. She's seems very kind and would probably even be willing to email/talk to you about the issues she's had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol-Anne. I will need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete