Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ikea Fever

Happy Mother's Day to all my special ladies! I spent Saturday at Ikea with my mother for Mother's Day.  I treated her to lunch and then got her hair done.  I haven't stepped foot in an Ikea in at least 20 years.  I was blown away in a good way! I especially loved the textiles. I tried to take some pictures of some unusual or eye-catching fabrics but only one pic really came out.  Believe it or not, they used this fun fabric in a dining vinette as the drapes--Fabulous!


What's not to love about these:
I did really well not blowing my budget.  I purchased a great wedding gift for my niece (can't post that just yet or I'll spoil the surprise).  I have been coveting some lanterns I spied in Potter Barn's catalog and picked these up at Ikea for just $7.97 a piece:


I am going to put some sand in the bottom and put a candle in them.  I'll post them when I get them on the wall (always a challenge!) Here's the shelf in my kitchen my daughter gave me I mentioned in an earlier post. I really want a shaker-style cupboard I can paint a washed out red, but I like free.  In the meantime, I AM the Queen of Make Do.  I am still playing with arranging it.  Here's the first go round:


What can I say except I am a cliche when it comes to Roosters--I just can't get enough of them.  What's not to love:



And of course, displaying the vino makes me all warm inside:



No comments:

Post a Comment